As we are approaching 2021 as well as the release of popular gaming consoles such as PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, many game companies have already made their announcements for upcoming games going into the forthcoming year. That being said, we will be covering in this article the top 5 games that you should be looking for in 2021. Here is a list of the foundational Criteria for putting them on our list:
- Quality of graphics and game design.
- The amount of excitement, thrill and depth of exploration it can offer.
- Level of mechanical game play.
- Narration and story line.
- Attention to detail and the environment.
Resident Evil: Village
- Description: Gothic, horrifying and filled with hatred and betrayal of people living in a village, CAPCOM sets its sight to release its eighth and newest version of the flagship Resident Evil series. With focus on hallucinations, Occultism and insanity, it is anticipated to be on the other side of the spectrum in comparison to the other previous versions of the game.
- Release Date: 2021.
- Platforms: PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PC.
- Description: With complete immersion in the technical revolution and forbidden reality of the USSR (Union of Soviet Socialist Republics), Mundfish stations its game Atomic Heart in a robotic open world full of soviet nature with merciless robotics and secret underground labs. Bringing back the Russian confrontations of communism, imperialism and an illusion of the cold war with the west.
- Release Date: its Developer, Mundfish, has not yet revealed an exact release date. Many sources indicate and expect the game's release to be on 2021, even though it is set as TBA (to be announced) on the official steam page.
- Platforms: PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One and PC.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Description: Ember lab, in a collaborative effort with Epic Games, strives to deliver its fans the all new adventurous game: Kena: Bridge of Spirits. As the story of the game revolves around the protagonist, Kena, players will find and grow a team of beautiful kindred spirits called the Rot (literally) to help them on their journey by decomposing rotten elements. Players will also be able to manipulate the environment around them in order to help deliver old villages from evil and old mysterious curses.
- Release Date: To be initially released in March 2021.
- Platforms: PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC, with an expected release on Xbox consoles one year later.
Horizon Forbidden West
- Description: Horizon Forbidden West is an Open world game with an unbelievably gorgeous, majestic but wild and treacherous environment that takes part in the far future of America. The game is a continuation of Aloy's Story as seen in the previous version of the game (Horizon Zero Dawn) that sold over 10 million copies thanks to its developer Guerrilla Games.
- Release Date: 2021.
- Platforms: PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 only, with possibility to be released on PC later on in 2021.
- Description: Ghostwire Tokyo is the newest game release from Tango Gameworks studio which is founded by CAPCOM. The story takes place in Tokyo where the city is completely vanished by an evil bizarre force without a single explanation. Players will take the role of an unknown "evil" character with the mission and responsibility of getting to the bottom of it using their own "spectral" special abilities to combat the darkness in the streets of Tokyo.
- Release Date: sometime in 2021.
- Platforms: PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC, with possibility to be released on Xbox consoles later on in 2021.